The job position – Medical Biller is part of the Taskforce BPO Healthcare Services Division. The Medical Biller is responsible for submitting medical claims to insurance companies and bonds. It is a position that is critical to the financial cycle of all health care providers, from practices with one supplier through the major medical centers. Attention should be paid to the details and experience with the electronic and paper systems used for medical payments. In essence, the Medical Biller is responsible for timely delivery of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies. The perfect candidate has great time management and organizational skills and is able to work with speed and accuracy.
Job requirements and qualifications
- Strong engagement in English – reading, writing, speaking and listening;
- Knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology is a plus;
- Experience with performing a variety of back office/administrative functions, including data entry;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office package;
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications – multitasking;
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability are important;
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections. A calm manner and patience working with insurers during this process;
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
Core responsibilities and key tasks
- Benefits check for verification of treatments, hospitalization and procedures.
- Review patient accounts for the accuracy and completeness of medical documentation and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparation, review and transfer of claims using software for collection, including processing of electronic and paper requests.
- Track unpaid receivables within the time frame of the default billing period.